Wednesday, 17 May 2017

FM40 STYLE | SUMMER HOLIDAY CAPSULE WARDROBE - PART 1


S U M M E R  C A P S U L E  H O L I D A Y  W A R D R O B E 

Following on from my Capsule wardrobe series, I thought I would do a series on a summer holiday capsule wardrobe. For years I struggled with what to wear on holiday, many times taking a case full of clothes normally paying excess baggage charges only to get there and have nothing to wear! Beautiful individual pieces ..... but nothing that truly I felt comfortable in or matched. 

Then when the children were born I had to seriously think about what I packed, mainly because of all the things you have to pack for them, nappies, food, etc and they don't get a baggage allowance until they are two. So that's when I learnt about taking a colour palette themed wardrobe and I have never looked back. 

My holiday wardrobe is mainly monochrome with flashes of coral red and blue depending on how I feel. Other great accent colours to complement a monochrome wardrobe are turquoise and acid yellow. 

I started buying things that ONLY suited my body and invested in pieces that I would have year after year and I found the most important piece was the beach cover up. I favour a little cotton dress (preferably white) with no waist band that I can wear all day .... for breakfast over my swimwear, to the market, to the beach and then onto the beach bar. 

B E A C H  D R E S S E S 


SHOP MY FAVOURITE BEACH DRESSES



The Next one is very much like the Sensi Studio one from Net-A-Porter don't you think, but a fraction of the price!

Another type of cover up is the humble oversized shirt when we visit southern Spain we love going to  a beach called Trocadero Playa and the Spainish ladies there do this chic look effortlessly ..... oversized white shirt, panama hat and sunglasses. 


SHOP MY FAVOURITE OVERSIZED SHIRTS 



Another two shirt style cover ups that are really nice are this and this one from Hush, that I featured in this post.

I also like a tunic, kaftan style cover up ..... I am thinking Tory Burch. I have this Isabel Marant one below from a few seasons back which I normally save for when we are going to a really nice beach club.



SHOP MY FAVOURITE TUNIC STYLE COVER UPS 



That Boden one is just FABULOUS ..... it has Tory Burch written all over it!

Another look I like is the vintage style embroidered dresses that are popular at the moment ......I don't know anybody who has a spare £2500 to purchase a Vita Kin dress, but I have found a shop of Etsy that sells replicas here .... possibly worth a try if you love that style of dress. 


SHOP MY FAVOURITE EMBROIDERED DRESSES 




This is just a small edit ..... I could have picked loads more .... I just LOVE summer clothes, but do you noticed I have mainly picked white, black and blue keeping to the colour theme. Once you do that all your pieces in your case will interlink and you will pack less and have more outfits to wear.... trust me!

For a 2 week holiday - I would normally pack 5 beach cover ups/day dresses ...... 3 white, 1 black and 1 of my accent colour and another good point about dresses is that they take up less space in the case than separates 😉

 Annmarie 
xx


📌 All images pinned from my Pinterest Boards 📌

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest